Teachers all over the world devote their days to guiding and teaching students. They play a significant role in our lives and are often seen as role models. Teaching is often a challenging job, so as we celebrate Teacher Appreciation Day, let’s give teachers the credit they deserve.
Have you said “thank you” to a teacher lately? Don’t worry if you haven’t because we’ve prepared a special paper crafts project to express your appreciation for the teachers in your life. Today, we’re making a Gratitude Pocket. It’s a great way to let your teachers know they are loved!
Here are the materials you’ll need:
- Colored papers or stationery for writing your message
- Poster board
- One marbled paper created with the Craftorama Marbling Paint Art Kit
- Eyelet puncher and eyelets (optional, you can also use a one-hole puncher)
- Marker or pen for writing your message
- Stickers, tea bags,
- Cutter or scissors
- Round corner puncher (optional)
Before you make this project, you’ll need to make your own marbled paper with the Craftorama Marbling Paint Art Kit. Once the marbled paper is dry you can proceed to the next steps.
- Measure 15cm x 7.5 cm on your marbled paper and cut. Then measure and mark 1-cm on each side with a pencil. You only need to mark the left, right and bottom sides. These will serve as a guide when folding later on. Turn your paper on the blank side.
2. Fold the edges of the paper, then use a scorer to make the folder neater.
3. Cut the corners diagonally where the folds meet.
4. Cut a ribbon the length of the marbled paper once folded.
5. It’s time to glue the marbled paper onto a poster board or colored paper. Apply glue on the folded edges.
6. Position the bottom folded edge on your poster board or colored paper and do the same to the left and right folds.
7. Get the remaining marbled paper. Place two pieces of colored paper (or stationery) and measure around 1 cm from the edge of each side. Cut the marbled paper. You can use a corner puncher, if you want to make rounded edges.
8. Glue the stationery onto the marbled paper.
9. This step is optional. Use an eyelet puncher or a one-hole puncher to make a hole on top.
10. Write a message thanking your teacher or a quote about teaching. Then tie a ribbon.
11. Place these inside your gratitude pocket and you’re done!
With this Teacher Appreciation Day Gratitude Pocket, you can also put other goodies that your teacher will love. Add stickers, a postcard from a recent trip, or even a tea bag.
Did you enjoy making these? Let us know by tagging us on social media!
Want to create your own marbled paper too? Grab a Craftorama Marbling Paint Kit today!
Save this project for later. Pin this on Pinterest: