Easter is such a fun time to get creative and make lots of Easter arts and crafts projects for your kids. This fun Easter craft for children is a great way to practice paper weaving, develop fine motor skills and hand-and-eye coordination. Plus, who wouldn’t want to add color to your celebrations with a cute Easter paper craft project?
Let’s get right on it, shall we?
- Here are the materials you’ll need:
- Colored papers
- Marbled paper created with the Craftorama Marbling Paint Kit
- Tape or glue
- Strings to hang your project (optional)
- Ribbons (optional)
- Markers or brush pens
- One-hole puncher (optional)
- Weaving Hatching Chick Easter Craft for Kids Template (optional)
- Create your own amazing marbled paper using the Craftorama Marbling Paint Kit. Once it’s dry and you’ve flattened it, it’s time to make something amazing!
- Once you’ve printed out the Weaving Hatching Chick Easter Craft for Kids template, cut it out. If you like to be more creative, you can also draw your own chick.
- Trace the cut templates onto colored papers. For the eggshell on top of the chick, trace the pattern onto your marbled paper.
- Measure three to four one-centimeter strips of your marbled paper and cut them with scissors or a cutter.
- Start weaving the one-centimeter strips onto the base. Weave one strip over one section then under the next until you reach the end of the base. If there is paper sticking out, don’t worry, we’ll be cutting the excess later.
- Before we cut the excess paper, glue the paper sticking out onto the marbled paper strips to keep them in place.
- Now it’s time to add a cute face to your chick.
- This step is optional, but if you want to hang your project or add a ribbon, you can punch a hole on your colored paper.
- Now that you have all the parts ready, it’s time to assemble your hatching chick. Glue everything in place.
- Cut off the excess marbled paper.
- Add a ribbon or insert a string, and you’re done!
Did you make this Easter paper craft project? Be sure to tag us on social media.
You too can create amazing marbled paper with your children! Grab a Craftorama Marbling Paint Kit today!
If you want to make this in the future, pin this on Pinterest now